can take us to a lonely, scary and confusing place.
Here are some comments I have heard from people suffering from depression /anxiety:
- I feel like I am in a black hole and cannot climb out.
- I am angry at (and critical of) everyone all the time. That is not the kind of person I am.
- I feel worthless, I can’t think straight, I can’t make a decision .
- I worry about everything all the time.
- I am on edge.
- I feel like nothing will change and no one can help me – I don’t even know why I am here.
- I have no energy and don’t want to do anything.
- I feel guilty about everything.
- It would just be easier if I died.
If you are experiencing any of the above thoughts or feelings, know that you are not alone. Studies have shown that there is a 90% chance that we will experience symptoms of depression/ anxiety in our lifetime. It is a common illness.
Don’t suffer in silence – get the help you need. Call today to schedule an appointment. Together we can develop a plan to combat this problem by:
- Reducing or eliminating negative thoughts, feelings and behavior.
- Reducing anxious thoughts and feelings.
- Adding enjoyment and contentment back into your life.
- Increasing your daily effectiveness and functioning at home, on the job with friends and family.
- Healing relational damage
Take action, take back your life, begin to heal. Take these two tests:
A score of 9 or above on the depression scale indicates you are suffering from depression. A score of 5 or more ‘YES’ responses on the Anxiety test indicates you are suffering from anxiety. The higher your score the more severe your depression / anxiety.